The Wisconsin Institute for Medical Research (WIMR) is a multi-phase project that included three towers dedicated to interdisciplinary medical research.
The building systems are concrete joist and beam construction designed for stringent vibration criteria for laboratory equipment and animal holding. Structure includes 18 floor-to-floor heights, interstitial catwalks on several levels, and a mechanical steam tunnel below the basement level built below the water table.
This is a major ongoing project to the New Research Complex that brings together these Technological Elements of Medicine:
- Cancer Research
- Imaging and Diagnostic Resources
- Inpatient and Outpatient Healthcare Services
- Modern Transitional Medicine Laboratories
- Ophthalmology Research Institute
- Gross Anatomy Instructional Complex
- Imaging Center
- Building Support Space
- Future Transitional Occupant Spaces